APIs & Integrations

VladoNik

Excel import: how to pass custom internal values (not only labels) to multiple checkbox property

SOLVE

We use Excel import to create/update multiple checkbox options for exisiting contacts in HubSpot. In such case we pass labels with semicolon delimiter like:

Option label 1;Option label 2;etc.

And HubSpot works as expected.

THE PROBLEM: Now we have a special case: we need to also pass custom internal values (not only labels) and we are not sure what is the format expected from HubSpot.

We need to pass specific custom internal value together with each label, something like:

[12345]Option label 1;[12346]Option label 2;[XXXXX]etc.

Where the number in brackets in front each label is the custom internal value of the option. We noticed that when we create options manually from within HubSpot UI then it works, but we are not sure how to pass them in Excel file.

Can you tell us what is the correct format to pass custom internal values when doing an Excel import?

Regards,

Vladimir

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Excel import: how to pass custom internal values (not only labels) to multiple checkbox property

SOLVE

Hi, @VladoNik.

If I understand your question correctly, this isn't possible from the CSV/Excel file alone.

In my tests, I was only able to create custom internal values by defining a delimiter in the UI before importing. My example below created options with the internal values: cat, dog, and fish.

Creating custom internal values with delimiters.png

Alternatively, you could create property labels and options via the Contact Properties API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
EPosa

SOLVE

Hi @VladoNik,

You can set up a custom CSV import with Help Desk Migration. This service offers a free demo migration, so you can see how it works + download reports with migrated records for free. This post shows how to prepare the CSV: https://help-desk-migration.com/help/prepare-files-automatic-data-migration-csv/

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @VladoNik.

If I understand your question correctly, this isn't possible from the CSV/Excel file alone.

In my tests, I was only able to create custom internal values by defining a delimiter in the UI before importing. My example below created options with the internal values: cat, dog, and fish.

Creating custom internal values with delimiters.png

Alternatively, you could create property labels and options via the Contact Properties API.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager