APIs & Integrations

etienne1

Exact means of hs_lastmodifieddate on Company entities?

SOLVE

Hello,

I was wondering which is the exact moment when the timestamp "hs_lastmodifieddate" on company entities is exactly updated by Hubspot? 
I was looking at the companies dashboard of my company I work for and we have around 9000 companies. When I want to filter them by "Last modified at" and I pick a date in order to keep only companies whose "hs_lastmodifieddate" is after 2 days ago, it keeps more than 6500 companies. We don't do so much actions to modified so much companies on our hand. Does Hubspot run daily tasks or equivalent on our companies, making the property "hs_lastmodifieddate" to be regularly updated?

To give you more context, I will need to fetch companies with the "/crm/v3/objects/companies/search" endpoint by filtering on "hs_lastmodifieddate" (with millisecond timestamps), I would like not to fetch thousand of items if possible.

Best regards,

etienne bazin

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @etienne1 ,

hs_lastmodifieddate is updated based on any and all changes to a record. This includes new email/analytics/page view activity, property updates, workflow progress, etc. It also includes any automated jobs that HubSpot runs, though large jobs like that are rare.

If you're only interested in a particular type of update, it might be worth querying company records based on the "Last contacted" property; this is a timestamp from the most recent chat conversation, call, email, or meeting logged for the company.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hey @etienne1 ,

hs_lastmodifieddate is updated based on any and all changes to a record. This includes new email/analytics/page view activity, property updates, workflow progress, etc. It also includes any automated jobs that HubSpot runs, though large jobs like that are rare.

If you're only interested in a particular type of update, it might be worth querying company records based on the "Last contacted" property; this is a timestamp from the most recent chat conversation, call, email, or meeting logged for the company.

0 Upvotes
etienne1

SOLVE

Hello Derek,

thanks for your answer and the details about the hs_lastmodifieddate. I think you're right, it is not appropriate to use this properties to track update from our operational team on our companies.
I'll take a look to your suggestions, thanks again,

hava a good day,

etienne