APIs & Integrations

JMair
Participant | Diamond Partner

Events API - Customizing HS Cookies

Hey there,

we are currently challenged with the integration of User Centrics within Hubspot pages. Therefor we would like to write a custom implementation which listens to User Centrics events (ie.: User clicked "Accept all" within the User Centrics injected banner) and sends corresponding signals via the HS Events API.  To my suprise I couldn't find any event to push a certain consent state ("Accepted all", "Accepted marketing" etc.)  to the HS API.

Is there really no controll over certain consent states (besides revoking all consents) via the API?

Thanks and have a good day,

Jan

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @JMair , 

Have you seen the Events API which manages Cookies?

Sounds like it could do what you need?

Mike

JMair

Hi @Mike_Eastwood ,

as far as I understand the Events API (from which I got my insights already) doesn't provide us with a way to set a consent. We can set a Do-Not-Track cookie, revoke all consents, retrieve a consent status and listen to changes on the consent status but not push to the API a specific consent. So far the current solution we have developed is based on hiding the HS cookiebanner via JS and simulate a click on the "Allow" button in regards to the consent status changes provide by Usercentrics. But I see this more as a workaround so I was looking for a way to solve this problem in a more elegant way via the API.

Jan

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Mike_Eastwood , any thoughts?

0 Upvotes