APIs & Integrations

dannylarsen
Membro

Event data not created in hubspot

resolver

Hi.

I have now been struggling with is getting events sent to hubspot. How do I debug that? My code looks like this:
_hsq.push(["trackEvent", {
id: event_name
}]);

I cannot seem to figure out why this is not creating an event in hubspot.

I have looked at the chrome network and it seems to be sending something to hubspot.

And we do have the marketing enterprise plan.

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Derek_Gervais
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Danny_Larsen,

It looks like there are a number of deleted events with names that match the events you're trying to create. Events created dynamically by name can only be created once. If you delete an event that was created this way, a new event will not be created if you try to dynamically trigger an event with the same name. You can either change the name in your code to re-create the events, or I can restore the events for you. If you'd like me to restore them, I'll need the exact names of all the events you'd like restored.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Derek_Gervais
Solução
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Danny_Larsen,

It looks like there are a number of deleted events with names that match the events you're trying to create. Events created dynamically by name can only be created once. If you delete an event that was created this way, a new event will not be created if you try to dynamically trigger an event with the same name. You can either change the name in your code to re-create the events, or I can restore the events for you. If you'd like me to restore them, I'll need the exact names of all the events you'd like restored.

0 Avaliação positiva
dannylarsen
Membro

resolver

Thanks for the reply. We will rename the events.
It would be nice if we could see the deleted events and be restore them ourselves.

terrance
Participante

resolver

@Danny_Larsen Have you made the identify() call yet? https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/tracking_code_api/identify_visitor . You have to call this in order for the Hubspot to link the events to a contact.

Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Danny_Larsen,

That looks like it should work. Are you sure the id field is correct? Can you send me a link to the page in question (and your Hub ID) so that I can take a closer look?

0 Avaliação positiva
dannylarsen
Membro

resolver

Hi @Derek_Gervais ,
My hub id is: 3811310.
You would have to log in to the site to see the events being sent. You can use these credentials:
user: dannytest@lortemail.dk
password: forecast
The site is: https://app.forecast.it

If you just click on the "time" menu option in the top, it should log an event, but I am not seeing that event.
Also when you create a "card" in the system, an event should be sent. (Use the pink plus button for that)

For the ID of the events, we are just sending a string, which should then create the event, right?

By the way, I do see 5 events in hubspot, but we are sending many more than that, so no idea why only some of them are getting created.

0 Avaliação positiva