APIs & Integrations

Pixton
Participant

Errors thrown by chat widget

I'm seeing this in both our dev and production environments, a second or two after the HS chat widget loads.

Our website is at https://www.pixton.com however you have to register / log in before the Hubspot widget loads and this error occurs.

This isn't happening for everyone as plenty of our customers have been using chat. But it makes it impossible to test in our dev environment for instance.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.29.20 PM.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @Pixton 

Is this still occuring?  Do you have more details?  Strange that it only occurs on some browsers.  Do you know what the difference between the browsers where it is working and where it isn't?

@HenryCipolla , @Chris-M , @DanielSanchez -- do any of you have an idea of what is going on?

0 Upvotes
Pixton
Participant

Yes, nothing has changed. I don't have the same issue in Safari (so I can use that browser if this problem isn't resolved).

When I try in Chrome's Incognito mode, I don't seem to have the issue, I only see a different non-breaking error to do with Local Storage (which I take it isn't available in Incognito mode).

I've tried disabling all extensions and deleting all cookies matching "hubspot", to no avail.

No-one else on my team is experiencing the issue, so it clearly has something to do with my particular setup. For that reason, I'm not too concerned at this point, it's more of an inconvenience than anything.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

I wonder if there is a non HubSpot cookie getting in the way.

Glad it is only you, though.

0 Upvotes