APIs & Integrations

Chinna

Error: You have reached your secondly limit

SOLVE

Hi All,

I am receiving the following error from Hubspot

429 - You have reached your secondly limit. - Request ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX

API: /contacts/v1/contact/vid/{id}/profile

I am running a long job to fetch all the contacts in my Hubspot account by calling the API iteratively.  And I am sure that I am not making 10 requests per second.  And what I found, this is not happening right away. 

For almost one hour, there was no interruption.  But later I could see that the above error is happening with almost every API call that I was making.  (I was catching this error and ignoring and going for the next and still happening).

Any information will be greatly appreciated.  But looking for: is there anything that I have to configure with the rate limits in my Hubspot App or per Access token and any valuable resources that explains this behavior.

Another question is, Why it is happening after some time (around an hour), not right away?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Chinna.

That's strange. I have only ever seen SECONDLY limit errors returned when calls exceed 10 per second. I see several HubSpot accounts associated with your email on file. Can you confirm the Hub ID of the account for which you encountered these errors? I'd like to take a closer look at your usage.

Additionally, is there a reason you are fetching all contacts individually with this endpoint? Per the Working within the HubSpot API rate limits documentation, we recommend using this batch endpoint to retrieve up to 100 contacts per call. This is my first recommendation in avoiding rate limit errors.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Chinna.

That's strange. I have only ever seen SECONDLY limit errors returned when calls exceed 10 per second. I see several HubSpot accounts associated with your email on file. Can you confirm the Hub ID of the account for which you encountered these errors? I'd like to take a closer look at your usage.

Additionally, is there a reason you are fetching all contacts individually with this endpoint? Per the Working within the HubSpot API rate limits documentation, we recommend using this batch endpoint to retrieve up to 100 contacts per call. This is my first recommendation in avoiding rate limit errors.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
KTriviso

SOLVE

Hi Isaac, I see that you were able to look into an account for someone having the same issue I am having. Yesterday we had to convert our API keys over to a private app & use the new v3 endpoints. Since doing that, we are now getting rate limit errors. So far there has been 17 in the last 14 hours but our useage has not changed. So wondering if you could help. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/You-have-reached-your-secondly-limit-after-creati...

Thanks for any feedback!

0 Upvotes