APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Enrolling a contact into a sequence API

I know there is no sequence API. But we need to enroll contacts into sequences programmatically. We have an app that we use at conferences, and we enroll people into a 4 email drip campaign after the conference.

The reason we can’t use workflows, (which we do now) is because workflows don’t have reply detection. So when someone replies to a workflow, they still get the next 3 emails. So they get angry.

The right tool is sequences because it has reply detection, (unless workflows can get reply detection one day). But I can’t enroll people without a human. (Or scraping I guess)

How should this be handled?

3 Replies 3
AliAnsari
Contributor

You can indeed use workflows to enroll contacts in a sequence if you have the Enterprise Sales or Service Hub. With these plans, you have access to more advanced features in workflows, including reply detection.

eigenworks
Participant

I’m interested in knowing whether there is any workaround here in order to enrol contacts in sequences?

0 Upvotes
camara

Hi @optikalefx … did you manage to hack on this? As far as I know there’s no way to do it via the API, and we’re on the same scenario right now.