APIs & Integrations

thimremy

Enrich company records through an App?

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm working at a Belgian company and we would like to automatically retrieve some information when we create a company record in Hubspot. 

The information we would like to retrieve are the number of employees, the sector and the address. We know that this information is retrieved by Hubspot based on the domain name but it's generally international data which doesn't help us in that case.

The thing is we'll have to do it for 200-300 companies a year so I want to assess the cost/benefit ratio.

Here are the options I have in mind:

• Find an app in Hubspot App Marketplace that would allow us to retrieve that kind of information for Belgian companies. Do you know if there exists one? I checked and didn't find
  • Create a custom app with Hubspot
  • Create a custom app integration with Hubspot using Zapier
  • Workaround and run a custom code every week/2 weeks that would get data we need through an API and import the new fields manually in Hubspot.

Can you give me your point of view?

Thank you in advance,

Thim

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @thimremy.

If you are wishing to automatically populate three properties for 200-300 companies per year, I'd say doing this manually might be the best option from a cost/benefit perspective.

I assume most of this information can be found within a few seconds on Google? If not, where have you been finding this information up until now?

Unfortunately, I too could not find an existing HubSpot integration which would likely populate this type of information for you, let alone accurately for Belgian companies.

When I think of other alternatives, they likely involve paying for some corporate intelligence service and expending development resources on building a custom solution that will be used relatively little based on the numbers you gave.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @thimremy.

If you are wishing to automatically populate three properties for 200-300 companies per year, I'd say doing this manually might be the best option from a cost/benefit perspective.

I assume most of this information can be found within a few seconds on Google? If not, where have you been finding this information up until now?

Unfortunately, I too could not find an existing HubSpot integration which would likely populate this type of information for you, let alone accurately for Belgian companies.

When I think of other alternatives, they likely involve paying for some corporate intelligence service and expending development resources on building a custom solution that will be used relatively little based on the numbers you gave.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
thimremy

SOLVE

Hey @IsaacTakushi,

Thank you for your answer!

2 fields out of 3 can be easily found on the Internet. The number of employees isn't that easy to be found. Especially for Belgian entities of international companies. So far, we didn't have this information meaning that it didn't block us to do our business.

I've found one company that provides all the information we need for 19€/month. If the business wants that information, I think that's the best option.

Thank you for your help,

Thimothée

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @thimremy.

Oh, nice! Does the service have an API or a way for you to retreive that information programmatically?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes