APIs & Integrations

brianjlowry
Top Contributor

Engagements created through the API are not showing

SOLVE

Hi,
I am trying to create engagements through the API, and they are not appearing in the UI. If I query to try and grab them, I can still retrieve them; they just are not showing. In addition, I've made sure nothing is being filtered from my timeline activities.

*edit: I can also retrieve them through get all engagements, and when I do post, it returns success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
brianjlowry
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Isaac_Takushi - thanks! I assume something about the structure of the array is off - I looked at the outbound json to ensure it was fine and was receiving the correct response from the call (success)... we'll see. I feel like an engagement without an association should fail, though it does make for an interesting way to hide data in your system. :grin:

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
brianjlowry
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Isaac_Takushi - thanks! I assume something about the structure of the array is off - I looked at the outbound json to ensure it was fine and was receiving the correct response from the call (success)... we'll see. I feel like an engagement without an association should fail, though it does make for an interesting way to hide data in your system. :grin:

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I just reread our documentation and completely agree with you here, @brianjlowry. I'll pass this feedback along internally.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

It is. Sorry about that, @brianjlowry, I was thinking about something else!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
brianjlowry
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Isaac_Takushi - I'm confused... I thought the vid was the contactId?

0 Upvotes
brianjlowry
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the reply - I think you have us headed in the right direction. I'll get back to your shortly as I noticed the associations don't appear correct... it appears you can create an engagement without any association at all. We were passing in the visitor id as part of the contactIds array, but I'm not sure if it didn't take or if the engagements I was looking at were older and hadn't reached that point yet. We created 45k or so in trying to figure this out, so I am deleting them and going to start from scratch with a smaller sample size.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Sounds good, @brianjlowry! If you were trying to use the visitorId instead of an existing contactid, that could definitely prevent engagements from being associated to the correct records.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @brianjlowry,

To troubleshoot further, I'll need specific examples of engagements you're looking for and cannot find. Could you share the full JSON returned from this endpoint for one such "missing" engagement?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes