APIs & Integrations

saidheerajv
Participant

Engagements API

SOLVE

Can I make my custom app to initiate a Phone call ? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Engagements API

SOLVE

Hi @saidheerajv 

As of February 4th 2020, we've released the Calling Extensions functionality. Calling extensions allows users to make calls through your calling service while working with their contacts in HubSpot.

After connecting your app, users will have the option to use your service as their calling provider when using the call button. This feature also makes it easy to log the details of the call using our Engagements API, so calls made through your system can still be measured using HubSpot's built in sales reporting.

With this new feature, it will give you access to three main components:

• The Calling Extensions SDK, a JavaScript SDK that enables communication between your app and HubSpot.
  • The calling iframe, which displays your app to HubSpot users.
  • The Settings API, which is used to set up the calling settings for your app. Each HubSpot account that connects your app will use these settings.

With these new features, you'll be able to setup calling functionality using your own App. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Engagements API

SOLVE

Hi @saidheerajv 

As of February 4th 2020, we've released the Calling Extensions functionality. Calling extensions allows users to make calls through your calling service while working with their contacts in HubSpot.

After connecting your app, users will have the option to use your service as their calling provider when using the call button. This feature also makes it easy to log the details of the call using our Engagements API, so calls made through your system can still be measured using HubSpot's built in sales reporting.

With this new feature, it will give you access to three main components:

• The Calling Extensions SDK, a JavaScript SDK that enables communication between your app and HubSpot.
  • The calling iframe, which displays your app to HubSpot users.
  • The Settings API, which is used to set up the calling settings for your app. Each HubSpot account that connects your app will use these settings.

With these new features, you'll be able to setup calling functionality using your own App. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot