APIs & Integrations

anilvithani

Engagement Owner ID

I am working on engagement API

The OwnerID, CreatedID of an engagement is same. 

When I used that  ownerID to get information of the user via Owner API I did not get any result. When listed all owners and searched for the oWnerID value then I found that value in remoteId of that user. Means ownerID field in engagement has the value of remoteID field of ownner. This has stopped me to proceed further on my development as I can not get user information based on ownerId found in engagement.

"ownerId":49628444,"remoteId":"11461569"

Just to make a note, these engagements are created from Jimnney, an app which can be used to make call and notes, and then these will be synced to Hubspot

can you please help me out to overcome this hurdle?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Engagement Owner ID

Hey @anilvithani,

The owner ID returned on the engagement endpoint should match with the owner ID returned on the Get a list of owners | Owners API

In this case, could you share with me the engagement ID in which the owner ID is showing up as remote ID  on the get a list owners endpoint? Additionally, what's the portal ID in question?

0 Upvotes
anilvithani

Engagement Owner ID

Here is the information

--------------------------------------------------------- Engagement Information ----------------------------
engagement = 8424912585
portalId = 8149850
createdAt = 1598276445060
lastUpdated = 1598363375252
createdBy = 11461569
modifiedBy = 11461569
ownerId = 11461569

---------------------------------------------------- Owner Information -------------------------------------------
id = 37018472
portalId = 8149850
ownerId = 49628444
remoteId = 11461569
remoteType = HUBSPOT
active = true
hasContactsAccess = false
isActive = true
activeUserId = 11461569
userIdIncludingInactive = 11461569

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Engagement Owner ID

Hey @anilvithani,

Just an update from our internal team.

The expected behavior is that HubSpot should be returning the actual owner ID, and not the remote ID, in that engagements API.

For this case, we are returning the owner ID assigned to that engagement via the API. In other words, it seems this engagement somehow has the owner ID set as the user ID (remote ID).

When our dev dive into our logs, we saw note that this engagement was created via API and had that owner ID set as part of its creation, and, more specifically, that the engagement was created via external auth, with an o-auth token, via integration app id 38484. This means that this engagement was created by the Jiminny integration in your portal, and that integration incorrectly supplied the user/remote ID as the owner ID.

We often see issues where integrations aren't properly handling owners, so this seems to align with that.

We'd suggest for you to check with the integration/reach out to Jiminny, as this seems to be an issue on their end.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Engagement Owner ID

Hey @anilvithani,

Thanks for sharing the additional details and this is interesting!

For this, I'll have to reach out to our internal team and dig further into this. I'll keep you posted on this thread!

0 Upvotes