APIs & Integrations

Girtin
Participant

Engagement Call - Call recording URL expires

SOLVE

When I update a call using the engagement API, I use the body parameter hs_call_recording_url and fill it with a valid URL of a call recording. It works as intented.

The issue I have is that the URL that i used will eventually expire (few hours later) and will change for an URL that will not be compatible for web browser to read.

Is there a way to upload an call recording assiciated to a engagement call that would be permanent even if the URL of the recording expires?

P.S. The file format is .WAV and I am using a private application in my Hubspot account

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Girtin 👋 This isn't a feature. If you have a moment, adding your suggestion to the Ideas Community and getting some upvotes will be very helpful in getting your suggestion in front of the Product team. If you add a link back to your Idea post, I'll be sure to give it an upvote to help get the ball rolling.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Girtin
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

Thank you for your proposition. I would have considered it but I ended using the file import API to store my call recording file and then using the URL from that file to my hs_call_recording_url body parameter.

Since the file will always be accessible from there, it fixes my issue.

Best regards,

Girtin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Girtin 👋 This isn't a feature. If you have a moment, adding your suggestion to the Ideas Community and getting some upvotes will be very helpful in getting your suggestion in front of the Product team. If you add a link back to your Idea post, I'll be sure to give it an upvote to help get the ball rolling.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Girtin
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis ,

Thank you for your proposition. I would have considered it but I ended using the file import API to store my call recording file and then using the URL from that file to my hs_call_recording_url body parameter.

Since the file will always be accessible from there, it fixes my issue.

Best regards,

Girtin