APIs & Integrations

PSteijger

Encrypt URL's from email to external web page

SOLVE

Hi,

For our company we are looking to send our customers to a Webflow based landing page. On this landing page, we would like the customers to convert to one of our digital products. The required information for this sale is displayed dynamically based on query string values in the URL. These values are called from the HubSpot database and send to the customer through an e-mail.

We would like to encrypt the URL, and especially the parts that include privacy-sensitive information such as email. Then we would need to decrypt the information once on the Webflow page, to show the correct dynamic values.

Is this something that can be done within HubSpot, using e.g. base64 encryption?

Kind regards,

Pepijn

1 Accepted solution
jpsanchez
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi Pepijn, 

This is almost a Hack Question so i will try to answer my best with it. 

First,it is not safe to use url parameters to send personal information as email, etc..  

Second, bash64 are "easy" to decode. not for a naif hacker of course.  In this scenario in my opinion there is a Potential Security Risk. 

If you still want to continue with it there is no way in HubSpot User Interface to do it. The only option you have is to create a micro-services if you have HubSpot CMS with an endpoint for your decode. ( this is in order to at least stay inside the same machine the data) from your microservice a quick search in github will give you many code examples. 

So the flow will be to receive the encode in the microservice endpoint- decode- send to HubSpot Workflow. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jpsanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Pepijn, 

This is almost a Hack Question so i will try to answer my best with it. 

First,it is not safe to use url parameters to send personal information as email, etc..  

Second, bash64 are "easy" to decode. not for a naif hacker of course.  In this scenario in my opinion there is a Potential Security Risk. 

If you still want to continue with it there is no way in HubSpot User Interface to do it. The only option you have is to create a micro-services if you have HubSpot CMS with an endpoint for your decode. ( this is in order to at least stay inside the same machine the data) from your microservice a quick search in github will give you many code examples. 

So the flow will be to receive the encode in the microservice endpoint- decode- send to HubSpot Workflow. 

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @PSteijger 

Interesting question.

@prosa , @jpsanchez how would you all handle this?

0 Upvotes