APIs & Integrations

RRosario7
Participant

Empty result from API call for emails

Hi, 

I'm very new to the Hubspot API services, and have recently started testing some endpoints using Postman. I first tried retrieving contacts, and got a 200 response with no issue. All contacts were within the response as expected. The endpoint was "api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/objects/contacts?hapikey=[my_api_key]"

hs2.PNG

When I try to do the same with emails, only switching the word "contacts" with "emails" and the results object is returned but it's empty.
hs3.PNG

The response is also a 200 according to Postman. When I look in my account settings, the request are both green:

hbs.PNG

Any suggestions as to why my emails don't appear within the response's result object?

0 Votes
2 Réponses
JPanama
Modérateur HubSpot
Modérateur HubSpot

Hi @RRosario7

Thanks for getting in touch! So it looks like you're hitting an endpoint that I would not expect to return any results. The CRM is broken up into objects, and so is the CRM API. You can see an overview of how it's structured here. 

Note along the sidebar that the CRM API - Objects section is broken up into Contact, Companies, Deals, Tickets, Feedback Submissions, Products, Quotes, Line Items and Custom Objects. 

Emails have their place too. Sales emails can be found using an Engagement endpoint, and Marketing Emails have their own API entirely. You can check out the Marketing Emails API here.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 
Best, 

Joe (HubSpot Moderator)

RRosario7
Participant

HI @JPanama 

I didn't know about the distinction between APIs.

Thanks for the clarification!