APIs & Integrations

banstola
Participant

Empty breakdown value

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to get empty values for breakdown? 

Endpoint with query param: 

analytics/v2/reports/sources/total?start=20141121&end=20201128&limit=1000&d1={d1-value}&d2={d2-value}&offset=0

Response we got similar was similar to below. Notice empty value for breakdown. 

{
    "offset": 1,
    "total": 1,
    "totals": {
        "leads": 5,
        "contacts": 7
    },
    "breakdowns": [
        {
            "mappedBreakdown": 1,
            "breakdown": "sample-contact",
            "leads": 2,
            "contacts": 2
        }

{
            "mappedBreakdown": 1,
            "breakdown": "",
            "leads": 3,
            "contacts": 5
        }
    ]
}

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Empty breakdown value

SOLVE

Hi @banstola 

Would you be able to possibly direct message me with some more details as to the example you've seen when making this request and returning the empty breakdown value?

If at all possible, could this include the response and the request that was made when this was received? 

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Empty breakdown value

SOLVE

Hi @banstola 

Unfortunately it is not possible using the Analytics API to fetch results that will return empty values for the breakdown. 

These endpoints are designed to fetch data that matches the parameters defined in the request URL, in the event there are no results, an empty response is returned. 

I am happy to pass you query along to our team internally, though. 

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
banstola
Participant

Empty breakdown value

SOLVE

Interesting. We have such case. Unfurtunately we can not share more details. But when we are making request to following endpoint 

analytics/v2/reports/sources/total?start=20141121&end=20201128&limit=1000&d1={d1-value}&d2={d2-value}&offset=0

we have encountered breakdown object with empty breakdown value. We confirmed that with raw response we obtained from HubSpot API. 

If you could pass this to tech team. 

0 Upvotes
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Empty breakdown value

SOLVE

Hi @banstola 

Would you be able to possibly direct message me with some more details as to the example you've seen when making this request and returning the empty breakdown value?

If at all possible, could this include the response and the request that was made when this was received? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes