APIs & Integrations

alesvi

Empty ChangeSource in company.creation notifications

I have subscriptions for Contact and Company creations. For Contacts, when I create one using HubSpot, I get a notification with the ChangeSource property equals "CRM_UI", and with the value "INTEGRATION" when the contact is created using the HubSpot API.

But when creating companies, I always get an empty string in the ChangeSource property, both when the company is created in the UI or through the API.

I need to be able to distinguish the origin of the change. Could I get different values for ChangeSource in company creations like I get for contacts?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @alesvi,

Currently, this is an expected behavior where we do not include the changeSource on Deal and Company creates. Our team is well aware of this issue and it's on our product team's roadmap to address this. 

Do keep a look up on our HubSpot Developer Changelog for any upcoming or announced change.  

0 Upvotes
alesvi

Hi @WendyGoh , thanks for your reply.

Is there any issue or ticket on your changelog I can subscribe to, so I can get notifications about when that will be addresed?

Thanks again.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @alesvi,

Currently, while there isn't a issue/ticket on the changelog that you can subscribe too. You can subscribe to the instant/daily/weekly notification. 

0 Upvotes