APIs & Integrations

somdutt
Participante

Embed iframe in hubSpot layout

I have a use case where I would like to embed iframe in HubSpot layout and open our application from inside iframe. Using this iframe user can do various operations using HubSpot APIs integration.

I tried creating a template using iframe, but I couldn't find that how I can use that template.

My goal is to create/update contact/companies using our code inside iframe.

Please let me know if there is any such functionality where we can edit hubSpot layout and add a iframe.

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
IArrivy
Participante

@Willson is it available now or not ??

0 Me gusta
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @somdutt 

I can see that this post is listed with a CMS tag and you reference a template, therefore I will assume that you have craeted a template in your Design Manager where you're attempting to implement this code. 

To confirm, I would not expect this code to work and would advise looking at our CRM Extensions documentation if you're looking for a way to alter your Contacts/Companies etc. Take a look here:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-extensions/crm-extensions-overview

As you'll see, this provides you with the option of building out an integration which can surface its own data in a CRM card for contacts, companies, deals, or tickets. 

In addition to displaying data, integrations can also specify the actions a user will be able to take. This includes opening a modal window and allowing your integration to appear seamlessly inside the HubSpot CRM.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Me gusta
somdutt
Participante

Hi @Willson , I read documentation for CRM Extension. I can see that it is expecting a data fetch URI, where it is expecting a response from and that response will be shown on the cards for a particular record. Further, if we provide any action ( like iframe ) then it will be open up in a new window.

I am looking for a type of integration where it won't expect a data fetch URI and give a link on CRM card where I can display my iframe and perform any functionality using CRM APIs.

Is it possible ?

Further, is there any other process using which I can make changes in hubSpot layout ?

0 Me gusta
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @somdutt 

If I am understanding this correctly, what you're trying to accomplish is not currently something we're making available. Hence, CRM Extensions API would be the best option for you. 

I believe your request is along the similar lines of this post:
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Iframe-in-a-CRM-extension-card/td-p/239490

We can see that other integrations offer something similar but they are built in a specific way that is not available via our APIs, therefore, we cannot offer an alternative solution to what has already been recommended. 

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Me gusta
somdutt
Participante

Thanks @Willson