APIs & Integrations

haseeb

Email opens/clicks Tracking webhook

Hi, is there any way to track whether a contact has opened/clicked a link in the email from Hubspot api?

Is there a field in the contact that tracks it or another api endpoint that sends events to our app, instead of us calling Hubspot api constantly for updates?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Ampl_CohortSync
Participant

Hi @dennisedson ,

Would you mind me kindly asking where did you find these two properties?
hs_sales_email_last_clicked
hs_email_click

I checked on the link you provided and "Create new webhook subscriptions" section in my dev account, I don't find there are two properies under Contact object type?

Thanks,
Leo

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

I found the properties by querying the properties endpoint.  Not all properties appear in the webhook UI.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@haseeb , there is not anything from the app side that you can use to subscribe (worthy of an idea)

If you are working with your own portal, you could use workflows to trigger a webhook when an engagement meets a criteria you set

0 Upvotes
haseeb

Its is working fine. Do you know of any webhook where I can get contact engagements data like notes, emails activitiy, not by calling the endpoint myself, but webhook sends this data to myself.

I know of the Contacts Engagements endpoints where you can get the contacts notes and other activity, but this way I'll have to call the api to get it.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @haseeb 

Have you checked out these two properties  for webhhook subscriptions(unsure which email type you are looking to track)

hs_sales_email_last_clicked
hs_email_click

You would have to experiment with them as I haven't tested myself.  Let us know if it works!

0 Upvotes
haseeb

Thank you @dennisedson I'll have a look at it.

0 Upvotes