APIs & Integrations

philipstorey1
Mitglied

Edit blog post meta title tag

lösung

It appears that the meta title tag cannot be changed for each blog post.

I have several blog posts that have long titles, where I need to change the meta titles to be shorter without changing the real blog title, as well as add some SEO to those.

How can this be done? Does anyone know?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
tilly
Lösung
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

See this ideaThe ability to set a different H1 from <title> tag in blog posts is now in beta. 

If you are interested in joining this beta and have not already reached out to me, please send me a message with your Hub ID and I will add you to the beta. Feedback is welcome!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
22 Antworten
tilly
Lösung
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

See this ideaThe ability to set a different H1 from <title> tag in blog posts is now in beta. 

If you are interested in joining this beta and have not already reached out to me, please send me a message with your Hub ID and I will add you to the beta. Feedback is welcome!

0 Upvotes
TFELDCAMP
Mitglied

lösung

hi tilly please add me in. my id is https://app.hubspot.com/home-beta?portalId=21432684 - tracey feldcamp

0 Upvotes
hdowden
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi tilly - my hubID is 3012736 (Ntiva, Inc.) I would love to be part of the beta. My SEO guy keeps bugging me about this.  🙂

0 Upvotes
tilly
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Hi @hdowden -- This feature is currently live to all and should be accessible in your portal already 😀

0 Upvotes
AHasselsteen
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Tilly
I would really like to be a part of that demo. My HubSpot ID is: 6790880

0 Upvotes
tilly
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Hi @AHasselsteen -- This feature is currently live to all and should be accessible in your portal already 😀

TheRavenKing
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Group,

Not sure if this is new or not, but under the settings tab of the blog page you are looking at, there is a hyperlink that states, "Customize blog's page title" if you click that you can put in a different SEO title than the Blog Title.

Cheers,

Brad

philipstorey1
Mitglied

lösung

It's causing us so many problems with our own site, we're going to come off the COS and it's preventing us from putting any clients on the COS.... ridiculous

Michael_P1
Mitglied

lösung

Still amazed that Hubspot won't let you have a different meta title and blog title(which shows up as the top header).

Agreed, this is SEO 101.

WouterDieleman
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

lösung

How can this not be standard functionality? This is SEO 101 guys.

This should get sorted ASAP.

Greets from a disappointed Diamond partner :wink:

TVKurz
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Is this still a thing? Trying to figure out a way to do exactly this.

RichClinked
Mitglied

lösung

Do we have any ideas when we will be able to change meta titles in the hubspot backend without this hack?

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @philipstorey,

After reading my last post, I can see how it sounds like I was saying you could customize how the meta title is set. Apologies for that; the meta title is set to the blog post title, and that functionality cannot be changed. I meant that the blog post title is changed from the settings tab.

What you might consider doing it customizing your blog template using HubL to create a ‘public’ blog post title that is used for your actual blog post titles. You can then use the default title field for SEO purposes. It might look something like this:

{% text "blog_display_title" label='Set a unique post display title', export_to_template_context = True %}
{% if not content.widgets.blog_display_title.body.value %}
    <h1><a href="{{ content.absolute_url }}" id="hubspot-name" class="link hubspot-editable" data-hubspot-form-id="name" data-hubspot-name="Blog Title">{{ content.name }}</a></h1>
{% else %}
    <h1><a href="{{ content.absolute_url }}">{{ content.widgets.blog_display_title.body.value }}</a></h1>
{% endif %} 
goestab
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Darek, can you tell us exactly where to insert this lines of code and in which blog module exactly?

Best regards, Gösta

0 Upvotes
Maj_Nedergaard
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Is there any news to this?
I want to customize our blog template but I cant find the right place to do so. It seems the changes we do only reflects what a visitor sees on the frontend of the blog, but where is the settings where this piece of code should be inserted so that I get the extra field for meta blog title?

Tintenton1
Mitglied

lösung

Hi @Maj_Nedergaard,
i did the same today and simply inserted it into the HTML in the template of my blog content. They will ask you to either edit post view or listing view. Choose Post view and insert the bit of code from above somewhere on top.
With this code you declare H1 new. This is why you need to remove any rules that are set for h1 in order to make the process work :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
Maj_Nedergaard
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you for explaining that! I'll try that :slight_smile:

0 Upvotes
DavidPower
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

lösung

Great that there is a solution for this but it is really a bit of a hack. Strange this functionality is not in HubSpot COS already when it really is a basic and essential feature. Be keen to hear how other people have handled this and / or general thoughts on this?

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @philipstorey,

The meta title is automatically set to the blog post title. You can customize this from the settings tab when editing the blog post in HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
philipstorey1
Mitglied

lösung

Really? If that is the case do you mind sharing a screenshot of where that is on the page? The reason I ask, is because this is something that I raised at developer Day in November in Dublin and the only solution that I have been given so far requires some hand coding

0 Upvotes