APIs & Integrations

jsolomon
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Ecommerce Bridge Products not usable?

SOLVE

After succesfully adding products to the product library using the Ecommerce Bridge, the products inserted by the Bridge are read only and they cannot be used when manually creating new deals within the HubSpot UI.

Have I missed a flag or a setting for enabling these products in the UI?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @jsolomon.

At this time, products created through Ecommerce Bridge sync messages cannot be edited or associated with other objects via the UI.

This is currently by design. Much of the Ecommerce Bridge's functionality assumes that the external ecommerce system is the source of truth. Products and line items created from these systems are made uneditable in the UI to prevent discrepancies.

This design philosophy may change in the future, however, so I'm happy to pass your feedback along.

In the meantime, the Products API can be used to create products which can be edited and associated with deals via the UI.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @jsolomon.

At this time, products created through Ecommerce Bridge sync messages cannot be edited or associated with other objects via the UI.

This is currently by design. Much of the Ecommerce Bridge's functionality assumes that the external ecommerce system is the source of truth. Products and line items created from these systems are made uneditable in the UI to prevent discrepancies.

This design philosophy may change in the future, however, so I'm happy to pass your feedback along.

In the meantime, the Products API can be used to create products which can be edited and associated with deals via the UI.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes