APIs & Integrations

jsolomon
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Ecommerce Bridge Delays in processing

SOLVE

Whenimporting deals using the Ecommerce bridge, a typical integration would insert data in quick succession in the following order.

1. Sync contact
  2. Sync Deal
  3. Sync Deal line items

The idea is to add the contact, then associate the contact on the Deal, and then associate the line item with the Deal. Unfortunately the Ecommerce Bridge is not always fast enough to create the contact record before the deal is created and subsequently not fast enough creating the Deal before the Line item is created and errors are generated.

A solution is to send the contact, and then continuously query the API until the contact appears, then send the deal and continuously query the API until the deal appears, then send the line item.

Another solution is to build an artificial delay into the integration of 2 or 3 seconds every time an Ecommerce Bridge message is sent and hope the item has been processed. 

In a situation where we have hundreds of deals syncing per day with multiple line items, this can create an integration that is very slow and very api intensive.

Are there any methods of improving this situation?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi again, @jsolomon.

You bring up excellent points. Because Ecommerce Bridge sync messages are processed asynchronously, there's no way to avoid these errors entirely.

While the team continuously works to improve the speed and performance of the Ecommerce Bridge, you have correctly identified the two available methods to minimize sync errors:

1. Polling
  2. Delays

In my mind, the most efficient approach is to poll this endpoint and retry any INVALID_ASSOCIATION_PROPERTY errors, as these should almost always succeed on the second try.

I'm sorry that I don't have a perfect solution to offer you at this time. I really appreciate your engagement, though, and have shared your feedback internally.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi again, @jsolomon.

You bring up excellent points. Because Ecommerce Bridge sync messages are processed asynchronously, there's no way to avoid these errors entirely.

While the team continuously works to improve the speed and performance of the Ecommerce Bridge, you have correctly identified the two available methods to minimize sync errors:

1. Polling
  2. Delays

In my mind, the most efficient approach is to poll this endpoint and retry any INVALID_ASSOCIATION_PROPERTY errors, as these should almost always succeed on the second try.

I'm sorry that I don't have a perfect solution to offer you at this time. I really appreciate your engagement, though, and have shared your feedback internally.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes