APIs & Integrations

Silas
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

Ecommerce Bridge API vs Regular API

SOLVE

Hi,

I am still having trouble posting products, or updating contacts using the Ecomm Bridge API. However, the regular API works fine. Are there any additional benefits to this API other than being able to sync multiple items at once?

Thanks,
Silas

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @silasnielsen.

From my perspective, the main benefit of the Ecommerce Bridge API is that it allows you to create and modify ecommerce-related objects "under one roof" rather than having to use several other APIs to support the same functionality (e.g. the Contacts, Deals, Products, Line Items, CRM Associations, and various properties APIs, to name a few). Installing the Ecommerce Bridge settings also creates a dedicated ecommerce deal pipeline, reporting dashboard, and a few workflows.

That said, I'm happy to help investigate any issues. Could you share and describe some specific examples of problems creating or updating products and contacts?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @silasnielsen.

From my perspective, the main benefit of the Ecommerce Bridge API is that it allows you to create and modify ecommerce-related objects "under one roof" rather than having to use several other APIs to support the same functionality (e.g. the Contacts, Deals, Products, Line Items, CRM Associations, and various properties APIs, to name a few). Installing the Ecommerce Bridge settings also creates a dedicated ecommerce deal pipeline, reporting dashboard, and a few workflows.

That said, I'm happy to help investigate any issues. Could you share and describe some specific examples of problems creating or updating products and contacts?

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes