APIs & Integrations

DSanderson
Participant

Ecommerce Bridge API Delete CONTACT with external ID

SOLVE

Documents suggest we can batch send messages of DELETE and UPSET for PRODUCT, CONTACT, DEAL, LINE_ITEM

But DELETE of CONTACT never works with our external ID. The only way I can delete a contact is using the ID provided by Hubspot and then using the contact API instead of eCommerce bridge. The issue with this is that when creating contacting using commerce bridge there is no returned ID.

This means the documentation suggests it's possible but in practice, it's not. 

Would be good if someone could confirm this.

1 Accepted solution
himanshurauthan
Solution
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Yes, if you want to delete the object from HubSpot, you have to find the object id, and then you can call the delete endpoint.

I agree with you, the documentation needs some updates and the v3 endpoint is under development, so we might expect a better flow or documentation for the same - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/marketing/ecomm-bridge.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
himanshurauthan

SOLVE

Hi @DSanderson,

Yes, this is a known limitation of DELETE, as documentation also clearly mentions that the DELETE action type will not remove the object from HubSpot, it will prevent it from syncing in the future.

delete-hubspot.png

Regards,

DSanderson
Participant

SOLVE
But that is also a false statement because I can still sync a product after it’s deleted.

The solution I created was to search for the contact via email and then delete the contact via the returned VID.

It seems the documentation needs some work on its clarity.
himanshurauthan
Solution

SOLVE

Yes, if you want to delete the object from HubSpot, you have to find the object id, and then you can call the delete endpoint.

I agree with you, the documentation needs some updates and the v3 endpoint is under development, so we might expect a better flow or documentation for the same - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/marketing/ecomm-bridge.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@himanshurauthan , do you have any advice here?