APIs & Integrations

alansp
Participant

ETA on engagements in v3 API

SOLVE

Can I get an ETA on this? It's killing me that we still can't do decent filtering on engagements via API, and I was shocked to learn that v3 had huge gaps in it.

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @alansp,

The latest update I gathered form our team is that we are still working on this release and  haven't set a release date as of yet.

I'd encourage you to subscribe to the developer changelog for a notification once its available: CRM API | Engagements

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey all!

We now have a beta of the engagements endpoints.  Take a peak 😉 

0 Upvotes
PBushell
Participant

SOLVE

Great - thanks @dennisedson 👍Can see that has endpoints for meetings, calls etc which is what I was after.

Is there an estimated schedule for how long the beta period will last for? 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

No estimates that I know of.  We have been working on them for some time so they should be pretty stable.  Please let us know if you do find a bug.

0 Upvotes
PMac
Participant

SOLVE

@dennisedson, is there a suggested work around for this? We have held off completing HubSpot integration with our systems since v1 was deprecated.  It's really becoming an issue for us. We are now going with v1s implementation (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/get_associated_engagements) as at least this will return all the engagements in a single call (or worse case at least paged). Am I correct in thinking the current method is fetch all engagement IDs for a contanct, then a seperate API call per engagement to get the details? Can you tell me when the v1 deprecated version will actually go offline?

0 Upvotes
TanguyM

SOLVE

Still no news ? I'd like a decent filtering of engagements via API to use Alan's words once again...

Tanguy

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@TanguyM , the engagements api is being pulled out into their own CRM object so it is taking some extra time to ensure that the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.  Thanks for the patience. 

0 Upvotes
PBushell
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson,

Is there any further progress on the migration of the legacy Engagements API v1 into CRM Engagements v3?

The original query was in July 2020, so it would be useful to get some idea on timeframes and/or whether time needs to be invested in creating integrations to support both v1 and v3 APIs, as we are currently using the API to fetch pipelines and deals from v3 and would like to include engagements too. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @alansp,

The latest update I gathered form our team is that we are still working on this release and  haven't set a release date as of yet.

I'd encourage you to subscribe to the developer changelog for a notification once its available: CRM API | Engagements

0 Upvotes
alansp
Participant

SOLVE

OK. Disappointing, but I appreciate the update.

0 Upvotes