APIs & Integrations

gillytech
Contributor

ECommerce Bridge settings were suddenly unset?

SOLVE

At some point at around 5:00 am PST last night our ECommerce Bridge settings were reset and all of our sync messages were coming back with: 

400 Bad Request

Sample from logs:

[2019-02-13 15:37:26.257002] [warning] Client error: `PUT https://api.hubapi.com/extensions/ecomm/v1/sync-messages/CONTACT?hapikey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx` resulted in a `400 Bad Request` response:
{"status":"error","message":"Ecommerce Bridge install process not complete. Check the status at /installs/status","corre (truncated...)

Nobody here changed anything in our API implementation and neither with our portal settings.

I would like to find out:

1. Why this happened
  2. How to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @gillytech.

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered this issue.

I've confirmed this was caused by some changes on our end to logic which checked whether Ecommerce settings were installed in an account. This logic failed for accounts which used an API key to install the Ecommerce Bridge.

The team has implemented a fix and your settings themselves should not have been touched in the process.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @gillytech.

I'm sorry to hear that you encountered this issue.

I've confirmed this was caused by some changes on our end to logic which checked whether Ecommerce settings were installed in an account. This logic failed for accounts which used an API key to install the Ecommerce Bridge.

The team has implemented a fix and your settings themselves should not have been touched in the process.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
gillytech
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Okay thank you for letting me know what the cause was on this. Are there any checks going in place to prevent this kind of issue in the future?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey, @gillytech.

In this case, it was human error, but team member feels bad for causing customer pain, so I'm sure he'll be more careful when editing this logic in the future.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
gillytech
Contributor

SOLVE

10-4 thanks for the clarification