APIs & Integrations

Matthieu_Brau
Membro

Dynamic link on CTA in email

Hello,

I try to add a CTA with a dynamic link (with custom parameters like id or token).
I integrated the link on the CTA like this : http://www.mywebsite.com?token={{customer.token}}
But the parameter is not present when it goes live.

I try to do it in a simple link directly in the email and it works.
So I can use an image and add a dynamic link on it, but I can’t know on which CTA the user clicked. I just know he clicked in the email.

How can I use a dynamic link on CTA in an email ?
If it’s not possible, how ca I track which link is clicked in the email ?

Thanks
Matthieu

3 Respostas 3
CorinneAC
Participante

Hi! I desperately need this feature so that I can send our customers to the right page of their platform. 

*Five years* after the first request: is there hope it'll be developed one day? 🤞

Derek_Gervais
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi @Matthieu_Brau,

It’s not currently possible to add personalization tokens to CTAs. This is due to the way CTAs are constructed and added to marketing emails. As you’ve discovered, you can add personalization tokens into images & links in your email, which is what I would recommend here. You can track specific link clicks in a marketing email through the email’s performance tab:

0 Avaliação positiva
LoraBergeron
Colaborador(a)

Hello,

I'm looking to do this. and I assume that it is still not possible, 4 years later. I'm trying to track customers who click on a CTA, but each customer's link will be different.  It's a link to renew their service with us, and each link has a unique renewal code.  I can track the clicks from the email sends, but the link will be put in multiple emails that go out weekly.  And tracking the links by each email would become ovewhelming. Do you have any thoughts on how I could tracking these clicks?

0 Avaliação positiva