APIs & Integrations

Boo
Mitglied

Dropdown select property - Option internal value

lösung

While migrating a HS Portal into another HS portal, a dropdown select property had different internal values for its options. The Labels are the same, but the Internal Values are different for each option therefore the property did not migrate. 

What is the best way to fix the difference in internal values and get the data to migrate? Adding the options from the Source property to the options of the Target is not allowed due to the labels being the same.

This is a bit trickier than it first appears. Hopefully, someone has seen this before.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
danmoyle
Lösung
Koryphäe | Elite Partner
Koryphäe | Elite Partner

lösung

Hey there @Boo. Interesting situation you find yourself in here. I haven't personally seen this migrating data between portals, so I don't know of a simple one click solution.

I do wonder if it's something where a workflow with branches might help. Could the property in question be two properties, and when the original portal data appears in the new portal under "new data," the workflow gets triggered and changes the new property to match. It should allow you to choose the label and not the internal value, to get the properties to match. 

Not a perfect solution, but that's where my mind goes. 

And thanks for the tag @Jaycee_Lewis 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
danmoyle
Lösung
Koryphäe | Elite Partner
Koryphäe | Elite Partner

lösung

Hey there @Boo. Interesting situation you find yourself in here. I haven't personally seen this migrating data between portals, so I don't know of a simple one click solution.

I do wonder if it's something where a workflow with branches might help. Could the property in question be two properties, and when the original portal data appears in the new portal under "new data," the workflow gets triggered and changes the new property to match. It should allow you to choose the label and not the internal value, to get the properties to match. 

Not a perfect solution, but that's where my mind goes. 

And thanks for the tag @Jaycee_Lewis 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Jaycee_Lewis
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hey, @Boo 👋 Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to invite some community members to our conversation — @louischausse @danmoyle @LMeert @Jnix284, have you helped any of your clients navigate a similar situation? My instinct is there isn't a one-click solution here, and I'd love to tap into your collective brilliance 💡

Best,

Jaycee 

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot