APIs & Integrations

RachelAP
Participant

Domo API Integration: data translation issue

SOLVE

Hello! While HubSpot has worked great for my company's needs in organizing our sales (and more!), we are trying to integrate HS data into Domo, which has a bit more reporting power. Domo has an "automatic" API tool that others in this forum have discussed, and it's set up just fine, but the actual data is translating too "literally." It's giving me URLs instead of deal/pipeline names, and UNIX/epoch timestamps in milliseconds instead of a datetime. I've asked Domo Support about this, but they're very slow and generic in their answers, so I'm hoping someone here can help out. Please see the attached screenshots.

1.png

We have a few HubSpot reports connected (Deals With Stages, Owners, and Deals - Recent) and working in Domo, but both our custom deal stage names and pipelines, and all the "date entered deal stage" fields are coming in as URLs and UNIX times in HubSpot, instead of our custom deal/pipeline names and datetime format.

2.png

3.png

4.png

What is causing this data translation, and how do we keep our user-friendly pipeline and deal stage field names?

1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @RachelAP,

The values that you're seeing on Domo end's are the internal value of the deal stages:

internalid.png

If you hover over a particular deal stage, you would be able to see the internal Id, refer the above attached screenshot. 

If you'd like to modify the stageId of a stage, you can update the pipeline using the CRM Pipelines API

On the HubSpot app, you'll only see the `label` and the stageId will always appears on the backend e.g. when pulling information via endpoint. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@RachelAP @WendyGoh   I know this is an older thread, but if the free Domo integration isn't working, this paid options might solve users who have experienced problems with it:  Domo Integration with HubSpot

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @RachelAP,

The values that you're seeing on Domo end's are the internal value of the deal stages:

internalid.png

If you hover over a particular deal stage, you would be able to see the internal Id, refer the above attached screenshot. 

If you'd like to modify the stageId of a stage, you can update the pipeline using the CRM Pipelines API

On the HubSpot app, you'll only see the `label` and the stageId will always appears on the backend e.g. when pulling information via endpoint. 

RachelAP
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Wendy! Wish there was a way to see the labels instead of the internal values easily. We can re-translate them individually in Domo... all 200+ of our custom deal stages. Smiley Mad

0 Upvotes
RachelAP
Participant

SOLVE

I am still looking for a solution to convert the timestamps from the custom hs_date_entered fields (in the following screenshot) to regular datetime format.

4.png

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @RachelAP,

Researching into this, I believe you can use the MySQL function - FROM_UNIXTIME to convert epoch time to readable human date. 

Here's the thread discussion that I referenced - https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Beast-Mode-ETL-Dataflow/How-do-I-convert-Epoch-time-eg-1493157531-to-Date/t...

Let me know if this helps! 

0 Upvotes