APIs & Integrations

PGVS
Participant

Does the v1 engagements API support fields?

SOLVE

Would like to do something like using GET on:

https://api.hubspot.com/engagements/v1/engagements/<Engagement_ID>?hapikey=<API_Key>&fields=engagement.timestamp 

I'd like to be able to look through all of the engagements in a company for a specific timestamp range(I can already successfully grab a list of said engagements through the v1 associations API). Receiving the entire email body of an engagement takes far too long to make this process viable, so it would be nice to only grab the timestamp for a given ID. 

Is this possible? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson and @PGVS ,

It is (currently) not possible to define what properties should be returned in the engagement API.

In your second question, you are sharing the CRM Timeline API. Based on the version in the URL, you are looking at the legacy endpoint. I can not find the v2 version in the docs.

This is an Integration endpoint that requires a HubSpot Developer app to work. You can use both oAuth or an API key.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @dennisedson and @PGVS ,

It is (currently) not possible to define what properties should be returned in the engagement API.

In your second question, you are sharing the CRM Timeline API. Based on the version in the URL, you are looking at the legacy endpoint. I can not find the v2 version in the docs.

This is an Integration endpoint that requires a HubSpot Developer app to work. You can use both oAuth or an API key.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

PGVS
Participant

SOLVE

Good Morning, @dennisedson

Thanks for the quick reply.

I looked at the hubspot website and noticed there's an API call that uses the following URL: 

https://api.hubspot.com/timeline/v2/object/Companies/<Company_ID>?portalId=<Portal_ID>&clienttimeout=14000&hs_static_app=crm-records-ui&hs_static_app_version=<App_Version>&timeout=5000&limit=15&t=ENGAGEMENTS_EMAILS_TRIMMED&to=<UNIX_Timestamp>&from=<UNIX_Timestamp>

It appears this type of call requires a different type of authorization than is currently documented, so I assume it's not something that should be used in deployment. It does look however to be exactly the kind of thing I would like to use. To your knowledge, is there any way to make this type of call with an hapikey instead?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@PGVS ,

I am unsure how you would authenticate.   Kind of looks like an oauth authentication.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@PGVS 

The engagements api just isn't quite there, yet.  In the future, I believe you should have more control over it.

@Teun , maybe you have some clever thoughts on this.