APIs & Integrations

kjt
Participant

Does legacy documentation apply to API v3?

SOLVE

Hi there,

I've been working with Hubspot API v3 and have some questions regarding how relevant the legacy documentation is. The new v3 documentation from what I've read so far is very general. For example, I was trying to find out how many Companies I can batch update in a single API call and if the batch update is all-or-nothing. I couldn't find the answer with the new documentation but found the answers in the legacy documentation. Is it safe to go off what the legacy specifies when working with v3? 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @kjt,

The CRM API | Companies's create a a batch of companies supports 100 objects per call. 

This information can be found here > under the 'Batch endpoints' section:

"Each object provides batch endpoints that lets you create, read, update, and archive multiple object instances in a single request. Batch endpoints have a limit of 100 objects per call except for creating and updating contacts, which is limited to 10 objects per call. "

To your question, it is safe to use the legacy together with the v3 endpoint 🙂 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @kjt,

The CRM API | Companies's create a a batch of companies supports 100 objects per call. 

This information can be found here > under the 'Batch endpoints' section:

"Each object provides batch endpoints that lets you create, read, update, and archive multiple object instances in a single request. Batch endpoints have a limit of 100 objects per call except for creating and updating contacts, which is limited to 10 objects per call. "

To your question, it is safe to use the legacy together with the v3 endpoint 🙂 

kjt
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks so much @WendyGoh !

0 Upvotes