APIs & Integrations

karthicr
Membro

Does developer account not have access to calendar API?

resolver

I’m trying to create a task using the Calendar API from a newly created developer account but I get the following error:

{
  "status": "error",
  "message": "This hapikey (d36a25af-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-39649336bb4f) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [content-access])",
  "correlationId": "2b422ab2-72f1-4a38-8e05-5ba06f7bdd23",
  "requestId": "5c136b9f98b7bede505fd409ed95b958"
}

I initially started with just content scope but then enabled all scopes to see if this error goes away but I didn’t have any luck. I’m sending the following via POST to https://api.hubapi.com/calendar/v1/events/task:

{
  "eventDate": 1425760557000,
  "category": "EMAIL",
  "state": "TODO",
  "name": "Test Blog Task With topics 3",
  "description": "Cool Post with Topics",
  "ownerId": 22620668
}

I’m able to successfully access the Owner API with the same hapikey.

The only difference between the Calendar API and Owner API is the former is Marketing only while the latter is Marketing & CRM.

What should I do to access the Calendar API using my hapikey?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Dadams
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @karthicr

The Developer HAPIkey in your developer account should only be used to set up things like the Timeline API and Webhooks API.

For any actual testing, you’d need to create a separate test portal, which would have its own API key:

How do I create a test portal?

Test portals can be used to test your integration without affecting your live HubSpot data.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
Dadams
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @karthicr

The Developer HAPIkey in your developer account should only be used to set up things like the Timeline API and Webhooks API.

For any actual testing, you’d need to create a separate test portal, which would have its own API key:

How do I create a test portal?

Test portals can be used to test your integration without affecting your live HubSpot data.

karthicr
Membro

resolver

@dadams Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. My issue is now resolved.

0 Avaliação positiva