APIs & Integrations

boes

Does a developer account expire?

SOLVE

We are busy developing an app for use by our customers. In our Hubspot developer account we have created an app and we have a working install URL (OAuth). For how long will this install URL be valid? Is there a possibility that the developer account will expire and the install URL will stop working?

I'm aware of the 90 days limit of test accounts.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lashmore
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @boes ,

Firstly, I'd like to just clarify the difference between test and developer accounts which may be relevant here.  The test account would be created and managed within your developer account. The 90 day limit of the test account which you have mentioned, applies only to the test account and not the developer account. It can also be renewed within that window at any point, through the developer account. I'll just enclose this documentation here which confirms this.

To sum up on this, as you are using your developer account to push OAuth, you don't need to worry about this expiring. One thing to keep in mind when you are going through this process, is be that after you have completed the OAuth flow and received the expiration token, this Access token would expire after 6 hours. This process is also outlined in this documentation here, which you may find useful.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Laura

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
boes

SOLVE

Thank you very much for this clear and complete answer.

0 Upvotes
lashmore
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @boes ,

Firstly, I'd like to just clarify the difference between test and developer accounts which may be relevant here.  The test account would be created and managed within your developer account. The 90 day limit of the test account which you have mentioned, applies only to the test account and not the developer account. It can also be renewed within that window at any point, through the developer account. I'll just enclose this documentation here which confirms this.

To sum up on this, as you are using your developer account to push OAuth, you don't need to worry about this expiring. One thing to keep in mind when you are going through this process, is be that after you have completed the OAuth flow and received the expiration token, this Access token would expire after 6 hours. This process is also outlined in this documentation here, which you may find useful.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Laura

0 Upvotes