APIs & Integrations

Yeshwant_Naik

Does HubSpot offer a property which can not be overwritten?

SOLVE

I want to create a property when added once, should not be overwritten by API/automation.

Use case: A property name registration_type when created once, should not get updated.
I have 2 types of registrations on my app. Form registration and google registration.
If a user has register's using the form, the property registration_type is overwritten.
But in the future, if he/she logs in using google, the property gets updated which shouldn't happen.

I can handle this in my source code but looking out for such feature if HubSpot provides it.

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Yeshwant_Naik.

Unfortunately, HubSpot has no built-in feature like this. Most default object properties and all custom object properties can be changed by a user with the proper permissions or via API. Apologies for the inconvenience.

In your use case, could you use some validation for if registration_type is known, then put the new type in a custom property? (I'm sure you have a more elegant solution planned, but I'm just coming up with ideas.)

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @Yeshwant_Naik.

Unfortunately, HubSpot has no built-in feature like this. Most default object properties and all custom object properties can be changed by a user with the proper permissions or via API. Apologies for the inconvenience.

In your use case, could you use some validation for if registration_type is known, then put the new type in a custom property? (I'm sure you have a more elegant solution planned, but I'm just coming up with ideas.)

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
cprietofarfan

SOLVE

Hola!

Es posible que de algún modo se pueda quitar la opción de overwritten debido a que mis clientes se registran en una landing page en algunas ocasiones varias veces debido al remarketing que hacemos y esto hace que pierda trazabilidad si era un cliente que se había inscrito previamente o es un cliente totalmente nuevo. Gracias!

Hello!

It is possible that the overwritten option can be removed in some way because my clients register on a landing page several times due to the remarketing that we do and this makes it lose traceability if it was a client that had previously registered or It is a totally new client. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Welcome, @cprietofarfan.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Could you clarify your ideal scenario? When you say "[Is it] possible that the overwritten option can be removed" are you asking whether the history of the change be removed from the contact record or if the option itself be removed from the contact property?

Neither of these are possible at this time, however I want to be sure I understand your request.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes