APIs & Integrations

swoopphillip

Does Chatbot work for mobile web?

SOLVE

We have a web application that is only used on mobile devices. Does the chatbot conform to mobile devices?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @swoopphillip 

The chatbot works on mobile and conforms to mobile window size BUT I don't recommend it for most of my clients. 

Depending on your use, I find that the chatbot just gets in the way on mobile. When in use, the chat window covers the entire page which could hinder visitor experience.

If you do implement the chatbot on a mobile site, I recommend:

• getting hyper specific on targeting for pages the chatbot will display (don't do it on the entire site)
  • make sure the "what can I help you with" message bubble is hidden so that only the chat icon appears in the corner
  • keep an eye on conversion rates, bounce rates and time on page as well as utilization of the chatbot

If conversion rates drop, bounce rates go up and no one is using the chatbot - it might not be worth it to keep on site.

Hope this helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @swoopphillip 

The chatbot works on mobile and conforms to mobile window size BUT I don't recommend it for most of my clients. 

Depending on your use, I find that the chatbot just gets in the way on mobile. When in use, the chat window covers the entire page which could hinder visitor experience.

If you do implement the chatbot on a mobile site, I recommend:

• getting hyper specific on targeting for pages the chatbot will display (don't do it on the entire site)
  • make sure the "what can I help you with" message bubble is hidden so that only the chat icon appears in the corner
  • keep an eye on conversion rates, bounce rates and time on page as well as utilization of the chatbot

If conversion rates drop, bounce rates go up and no one is using the chatbot - it might not be worth it to keep on site.

Hope this helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »