APIs & Integrations

JZhao
Participant

Does API key and OAuth share different limit?

I am reading HS API limit: https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/faq/working-within-the-hubspot-api-rate-limits

I have one application use API key for authentication and another application use OAuth authentication. Do they share the same API limit? Or does API limit work separate for them?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @JZhao ,

The API limits for OAuth apply per app per portal. So one install of your app has the 100/10 burst limit. The second install in a different portal will have a new burst limit of 100/10.
So the limits apply per install and not per token.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes
Teun

Hi @JZhao ,

You can check the API limits here. To answer your question, they have different limits. oAuth has a burst limit of 100 requests per 10 seconds and no daily limit. API keys have a different burst limit per Hub and a daily limit.

OAuth:

• No daily limit
  • Burst limit of 100 requests per 10 seconds (100/10 seconds)

API Key (different per hub):

• Free and Starter: 100/10 seconds burst limit, 250.000 daily limit
  • Professional and Enterprise: 150/10 seconds burst limit, 500,000 daily limit
  • API Add-on (any tier): 200/10 seconds burst limit, 1,000,000 daily limit

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 Upvotes
JZhao
Participant

If there are multiple valid oauth tokens, are each of them have separate api limit? or are they share the same API limit?

0 Upvotes