APIs & Integrations

Mulan
Membro

Do I have to create a HubSpot app to pull data into my private app?

resolver

I have a couple of users/organizations that use both HubSpot and my private app. To give them the ability to seamlesssly transfer some of their data to their account on my app, am I required to build a HubSpot app and have them "connect" their HubSpot account to my HubSpot app (e.g. connected apps), or can my app simply use authentication processes to pull the data over without the user having to do anything in their HubSpot account? I think I'm looking for an open API approach. 

thanks for any insights!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
WendyGoh
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @Mulan,

You're spot on. If you'd like to manipulate with any data on a particular portal via your app, the portal would need to grant access to your app through the OAuth process. 

Hence, there isn't an Open API approach in which you can access another portal's data without the portal users' permission. 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
WendyGoh
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @Mulan,

You're spot on. If you'd like to manipulate with any data on a particular portal via your app, the portal would need to grant access to your app through the OAuth process. 

Hence, there isn't an Open API approach in which you can access another portal's data without the portal users' permission. 

0 Avaliação positiva
Mulan
Membro

resolver

Thank you, Wendy!

0 Avaliação positiva