APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

Display format of datetime property

Hi, is it possible to display custom datetime properties in similiar form like createdate or hs_lastmodifieddate? On company details page i can only see a date without time, but in “See history” window it is displayed correctly with time and time zone. I am only interested in display format, i do not need to change it from ui.

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
MRebakBA
Participant

We have a date-time field that displays the time along with the date. However, we want to use this as a merge field in customer-facing emails but DO NOT want to include the time. As far as I can tell, there is no way to manipulate the display of the field in an email, thus, rendering the field somewhat useless. 

This is a major barrier to usability.

ASavaliya
Participant

hi @Derek_Gervais 

Any update on this?, All really want this.

ramonayag

Yes, any news when this issue will be resolved?

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @rafal87,

Currently, the full date & time formatting is only applied to default datetime properties. I’ve passed feedback along internally to add formatting support for custom datetime properties. If you have the inclination, I would also encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

0 Upvotes
VictoriaH
Participant

Hi,

any update on this? We have to make appointments with customers for a specific date and time and would like to store this information in Hubspot.

marionmld
Participant

Hello,

Do you have any upcoming news on this feature (see date + time on DateTime properties created via API) ?

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @rafal87,

I see what you mean. I’m actually not sure if this is expected or not; let me check in with my team and get back to you next week.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @rafal87,

You can update a property to be datetime instead of date via the API:

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

Hi @Derek_Gervais, i use datetime type already. The problem is that the time part of the date is not displayed in property view (but in history view it is ok). I attached screenshots to illustrate.

Czas ostatniej synchronizacji - my custom datetime property
Data ostatniej modyfikacji - hs_lastmodifieddate

0 Upvotes