APIs & Integrations

newMember
Participant

Disabling tracking code for avoiding overwriting of data

SOLVE

Hiii,

I am beginner with CRM. I was working with forms api. I send a data from my browser and it got saved in hubspot. Now I send another data to the hubspot with the same bowser. There what happened is my email id and datas overwritten eventhough the email id was different. In practical cases, this cane be a problem..

So when searched I came across a solution to disable tracking code. Now what happens is, if the email id is different then the data gets saved as a new one. But if we are sending data from same email id, the data gets updated. But in submissions tab, we can see the previous data. 

What my question is, whether this is the correct procedure??? Or am I doing something worng??

I am doing a shopping site. So somehow if a person has to order some products from my browser with different email, if tracking code is enabled, my data gets overwritten. That is why I disabled the tracking code.

Can someone guide me with this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @newMember 

This would be expected behaviour! Submissions place a cookie on the browser once submitted, this then allows us to record analytical events etc and associate them to the correct record in your HubSpot portal.

In this case, if you expect that the form will be submitted via the same browser but for different contacts, then we recommend enabling the option Always create contact for new email address: 

If this option is disabled, HubSpot will recognize and update your contacts based on the cookies that are dropped in their browsers. This may result in contacts being overwritten if the same form is submitted multiple times on the same device.

If this option is enabled, if a contact submits the form using a different email on a browser where there is already a cookie, views will not be tracked for this contact. Therefore, form fields will not pre-populate with known information.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @newMember 

This would be expected behaviour! Submissions place a cookie on the browser once submitted, this then allows us to record analytical events etc and associate them to the correct record in your HubSpot portal.

In this case, if you expect that the form will be submitted via the same browser but for different contacts, then we recommend enabling the option Always create contact for new email address: 

If this option is disabled, HubSpot will recognize and update your contacts based on the cookies that are dropped in their browsers. This may result in contacts being overwritten if the same form is submitted multiple times on the same device.

If this option is enabled, if a contact submits the form using a different email on a browser where there is already a cookie, views will not be tracked for this contact. Therefore, form fields will not pre-populate with known information.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
newMember
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you...

Very much clearly explained.

0 Upvotes