APIs & Integrations

aminzd
Participante

Difference between the name and title fields in the file metadata

resolver

Hi there,

I renamed a file in the file manager and after getting the file metadata from API, I realized that the name field has been updated while the title field is still the same as the old name/title. I was wondering what is the purpose of each field and what are their applications.

Thanks in advance!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @aminzd,

I hope all is well with you 🙂 

That's a great question! The reason that the title filed is still the same is likely due to the recent improvements and changes we have made to the File management system where the file property (title) was deprecated. 

The team is aware that the GET API still includes the deprecated property and is working on this. 

For now, we rely only on the "name" field and to learn more about the other fields and their purposes, you can refer to this useful documentation here: Get file metadata | COS Files API

Hope this helps to clarify!

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
WendyGoh
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hey @aminzd,

I hope all is well with you 🙂 

That's a great question! The reason that the title filed is still the same is likely due to the recent improvements and changes we have made to the File management system where the file property (title) was deprecated. 

The team is aware that the GET API still includes the deprecated property and is working on this. 

For now, we rely only on the "name" field and to learn more about the other fields and their purposes, you can refer to this useful documentation here: Get file metadata | COS Files API

Hope this helps to clarify!