APIs & Integrations

yeti_t

Developer test account active status is impacting API requests

A few months ago we had a very odd issue (that could very well be an error in our implementation) where the test account on our developer account expired and then all of our app's API requests began failing with 401 errors. (See screenshot from the hubspot app monitoring page).
Screenshot 2019-08-22 16.32.35.png
We have double/triple checked that we are using the token received via the OAuth for each of our user's hubspot and refereshing the token before it expires. Those users are able to access their contacts/data through our App.

We are pretty stumped as to how there would be any linkage to one of the test accounts on our developer login.

Any ideas on why the expiration of one of the test account would have any impact on the production API calls to our apps?

The resolution was to go into our test account and click `renew` and then all of our requests started receiving 200 OK again.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
yeti_t

Is it normal to see no response in these forums? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @yeti_t,

Are the 401s you are seeing occurring when making calls to the test portal that has expired? In otherwords all other active portals are fine it's just the test portal? Then when you renew the test portal the issue is fixed again until it eventually expires. 

I'm just trying to ensure I understand completely before responding on what the issue might be. 

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
yeti_t

@jackcoldrick the 401s are reflected on all active portals. That is what is stumping us. We can't figure out why a test account expiring would have any impact on our app's ability to OAuth into active portals.

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @yeti_t,

Would you mind sending me the app ID so I can review further?

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
yeti_t

@jackcoldrick 

Direct messaged you, thanks!

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @yeti_t,

I was doing some investigation on my side and speaking with a few of my colleagues. There is absolutely no way that an expired test account would cause 401s across all portals with the application installed. The only 401s I'd expect to see is those relating to the specific portal that had expired.

We only keep a log of activity for 30 days before it is purged so in terms of troubleshooting on our side we can only go back so far. Is there anything else you could of  sharing that might help shed more light on the scenario? 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes