APIs & Integrations

linkfuse
Contributor

Developer app icon showing placeholder

SOLVE

Hi,

We have multiple apps for our portal, but one of them refuses to display our company logo for the app icon when we uploaded. We've tried for 6 months on and off, and it just keeps displaying the placeholder icon.

We don't want to recreate it - is there another workaround?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I took a look at the developer account, and one of the things that jumped out at me for that app is that there was no icon uploaded for Timeline Events. Including a screenshot of the page I'm referring to from the Dev Portal.
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 4.25.00 PM.png

It's a little unclear what the context of the first screenshot you provided is (where does this image appear in-app? is this from the developer portal itself, or from a portal with the app installed?), but I went ahead and uploaded the icon just as a test. Can you try clearing your cache and telling me if the icon is appearing now? 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi there! 

Would you mind providing the app ID and a screenshot of where the placeholder image is appearing so I can investigate further?

Thanks in advance!

linkfuse
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi!

Of course not - thanks for the help. The app id is: 208187.

I've attached two screenshots. One is the app icon showing the "placeholder", and the other is how it appears when you click in to upload an app logo.

We have 4 other apps that use the same logo with no issues.

OverviewOverviewAdd App IconAdd App Icon

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

I took a look at the developer account, and one of the things that jumped out at me for that app is that there was no icon uploaded for Timeline Events. Including a screenshot of the page I'm referring to from the Dev Portal.
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 4.25.00 PM.png

It's a little unclear what the context of the first screenshot you provided is (where does this image appear in-app? is this from the developer portal itself, or from a portal with the app installed?), but I went ahead and uploaded the icon just as a test. Can you try clearing your cache and telling me if the icon is appearing now? 

Thanks!

linkfuse
Contributor

SOLVE

There are no timeline event logos because there are no timeline event type - as evidenced by your screenshot. We are talking about the app icon - the one that shows in the integrations section of HubSpot, and elsewhere (for CRM extensions).

The first screenshot is the home "apps" page.

I hope that helps - I will check and see if your upload fixed the issue.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
linkfuse
Contributor

SOLVE

Did you upload a timeline event icon then? Because that fixed it... I don't recall us doing that previously as we don't use them.

0 Upvotes
acurtwright
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Yep, I uploaded an icon when I responded earlier! That icon not only used in Timeline Events; it's also visible in a few other places in-app. Glad to hear everything is working now.

0 Upvotes