APIs & Integrations

xorik1

Dev account has no API key

SOLVE

Hi. I'm trying to call API to create event template https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/timeline, but it requires developer's API key, which I don't have in my dev account.

I've created a developer account, and created an app. OAuth working perfectly, but I can't create a template.

The documentation said:
>For authentication, use the developer API key found in your app developer account.

But in my developer account I have no API key in settings.

I've tried to create a private app in my main account, and call API with private app token:

curl --request POST \
  --url https://api.hubapi.com/crm/v3/timeline/1034635/event-templates \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer MY-PRIVATE-APP-TOKEN' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --data '
{ 
  "name": "Example Webinar Registration", 
  "objectType": "contacts"
}'

But it returns an error:

{
	"status": "error",
	"message": "This oauth-token (pat-na1-8acb8) does not have proper permissions! (requires all of [developers-write])",
	"correlationId": "d6a7f130-c224-4a87-b66d-dc7d9debbaff"
}

Probably I need to connect app from dev account with private app in my main account, but I didn't find how to do this, because those are 2 separate accounts

1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @xorik1,

From within the developer account click on "apps" in the menu bar. Towards the right hand side you will see the option to "Get HubSpot API Key". When you click on it you will then be able to generate the API key required to create the event templates.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 11.47.17.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @xorik1,

From within the developer account click on "apps" in the menu bar. Towards the right hand side you will see the option to "Get HubSpot API Key". When you click on it you will then be able to generate the API key required to create the event templates.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 11.47.17.png

0 Upvotes
xorik1

SOLVE

Thanks a lot, I was looking in the settings