APIs & Integrations

bubbly1
Mitglied

Determining the scopes an admin has access to?

I've created an integration and tested it in my test portal. But I don't have admin authority in my company's actual Hubspot portal.

Where (i.e. what click/link path while in a portal) can I send the Admin to so they can see the scopes they have access to, so they can tell me outright, so we don't have to go through a laborious trial and error period where they keep trying to authorize my integration, while they keep seeing "This hub doesn't have access to some HubSpot features that are required by this integration. Please contact the integrator." until we get it right as I one by one remove them until the authorization works?

(Because I get the feeling the path to that information about a portal isn't even shown unless one is an Admin.)

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Determining the scopes an admin has access to?

Hi @bubbly,

The "This hub doesn't have access to some HubSpot features that are required by this integration." error is not related to the access a user has, it's related to the access the portal has. If you're seeing this error, it means you're requesting scopes that the portal in question cannot approve because they don't have access to the tools/APIs that correspond to your required scopes.

For example, if my app required the contacts and automation scopes, a Marketing/CRM Free portal would see this error, since that portal does not have access to the Workflows tool/API.

You can see which tools/products a portal needs to have to approve a given scope in the following developer doc:

0 Upvotes