APIs & Integrations

bombora

Deleting company property + group and then recreating reemerges last company property value

SOLVE

Hi, I'm havng this issue which seems to be the actual hubspot properties behavior but would like to make sure its so.

After deleting a company property from the portal which has assigned values for some companies, then deleting the corresponding group, then recreating both group and property with same exact name, the property value now re-emerges the last seen value in the UI for those companies that had a value for the property.

These are the steps to reproduce through endpoint api calls:

1- add a group
2- add a property to the group 
3- add a value to the property for company X
4- delete property
5- delete container group
6- add same group
7- add same prop
the property now has the old value in company X

Is this behavior correct, and if so can it be avoided by settings or otherwise?

In our use cases we aften have to delete and re-create same properties but with empty values. 

Thanks & regards

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Deleting company property + group and then recreating reemerges last company property value

SOLVE

Hey @bombora,

I have confirm with the internal team that previous value will exist after deleting and recreating property + property group. 

If you create a different property, the label can be the same as the previous property's label as longas the internal property name is different.

Do note that If you decide to bulk edit and clear the existing property value, previous values of the property will still show up in the property history because the same propety is being edited.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @bombora,

I have confirm with the internal team that previous value will exist after deleting and recreating property + property group. 

If you create a different property, the label can be the same as the previous property's label as longas the internal property name is different.

Do note that If you decide to bulk edit and clear the existing property value, previous values of the property will still show up in the property history because the same propety is being edited.

0 Upvotes
bombora

SOLVE

That's right! We are taking that into account and we are fine with it.

Thanks for the confirmattion and quick response.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @bombora,

This is an interesting one! I'm also seeing the same exact behavior and I will have to check in with the team on the expected behavior here. 

For the time being, I'd recommend you to do a bulk edit to clear out the property. E.g:

clear property.gif

0 Upvotes
bombora

SOLVE

Hi Wendy, thanks for your feedback.

Yes that's what we ended up implementing.

Thanks & Regards

0 Upvotes