APIs & Integrations

StaffG
Participante

Deep link to a file in the File Manager

Hi, 

I am building an integration the will upload files to the File Manager in HubSpot using the Files API. We are using the enpoint:

POST /files/v3/files/import-from-url/async

The result when the upload has finished is a JSON similar to:

{
  "status": "PENDING",
  "result": {
    "id": "string",
    "parentFolderId": "string",
    "name": "string",
    "path": "string",
    "defaultHostingUrl": "string",
    "url": "string",
  },
}

Is there a safe way of deep linking to that file in the File Manager (UI). For example:

https://app-eu1.hubspot.com/files/[accountId]/?folderId=[folderId]&showDetails=[fileId]

I am not sure if this is safe and even doable since the link contains the region (i suppose) of the HubSpot account (eu1 in this case) and since the URL is not documented maybe it will change.

So my questions:

1. Can I access the region for a specific HubSpot account by API 
  2. Can i avoid using the region in the URL domain? Is there a catch all domain that redirects to the correct region automatically?
  3. Is it safe to use the deep link into the File Manager given that 1 can be solved?
  4. Can you consider implementing a URL deep link into the filemanager, in addition to the public URL used for linking or downloading, as a part of responses to File and Folder related API requests?
0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
dennisedson
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

This is an odd coincidence

@MGoudy asked a question about deep linking as well

Wonder if you two could help each other 😀

0 Avaliação positiva
StaffG
Participante

Hi,

I saw that question, but I believe our cases are different. He wants a link to his own app while I want a link to the User Interface of the HubSpot File Manager showing a specific folder and details of a specific file (the one the user uploaded through my integration). In my case it is to improve the UX when uploading a file from our app to HubSpot (the user needs to understand where the file can be found in HubSpot).

Thanks

0 Avaliação positiva
dennisedson

Yeah, I knew that it was a different use case, but thought it was an interesting coincidence 🙂
0 Avaliação positiva