APIs & Integrations

MGoudy
Teilnehmer/-in

Deep Link in email to redirect URL

Hi, I am trying to create a deep link in my hubspot emails to my app via a dynamically generated link. The issue that I'm running into is that the generated link is something like email.mydomain.com/<a whole bunch of generated characters>, which then redirects to app.mydomain.com/token/<token value>.

This works fine in the browser, but for deep linking into my app the email.mydomain.com link is useless, as the generated characters are not something that my app can parse. Is there a way I can get the URL to deep link to the redirected app.mydomain.com url?

And if that isn't possible, is there a way to have the generated link in the email go directly to the app.mydomain.com url, instead of redirecting through the hubspot middleware at email.mydomain.com?

Thank you!

7 Antworten
RGravener
Mitglied

You can also use the App Links Assistant in Android Studio to add Android App Links.
Create Deep Links to App Content
  1. Open the user's preferred htaccess checker that can handle the URI, if one is designated.
  2. Open the only available app that can handle the URI.
  3. Allow the user to select an app from a dialog.
0 Upvotes
KatieMarr
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@himanshurauthan I agree the only solution is to turn off all link tracking portal wide, but that is just not an option for us. So I've added an idea submission to allow control of email link tracking at the email or subscription type level (i.e. transactional vs regular vs automated, or newsletter vs. promo vs. product update, etc.). I'd appreciate an upvote from anyone to get this idea through to them. 
https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Control-email-link-tracking-at-email-or-subscription-... 

himanshurauthan
Vordenker/-in | Elite Partner

Yes, @KatieMarrI think this is the correct approach and I suggest going to with it.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
dennisedson
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

@himanshurauthan , is this something you have experience with?

himanshurauthan

MGoudy
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi @himanshurauthan , I've looked at that discussion and that's not quite what I'm looking for. We were able to set the apple-app-site-association on the hubspot domain and have that link open the app, but my issue is that I need to be able to access the redirected URL inside the app. The emails generate an email.mydomain.com/<bunch of characters> URL which in the browser redirects to app.mydomain.com/token/<token value>. The app won't redirect the URL the way a browser does. 

Is there a way to have Hubspot send emails that contain direct links to my website, without the redirect URL?

himanshurauthan

We need to disable email tracking to use plain URLs ( but not sure if that's the right solution. )

Currently, we can't disable the email tracking per email level too.

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology