APIs & Integrations

Vitaly_Gubkin

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE
Spoiler
Hello. To get deals, I use /crm/v3/objects/deal/search. But there is no association with contact in the answer. I could not find a suitable property. How to get an association without using additional queries?
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE

Hi, @Vitaly_Gubkin.

Associations must be retrieved separately with either the v3 or v1 CRM Associations API.

While some of the v1 CRM APIs (e.g. the v1 Deals API) returned an associations object, the team decided to remove those with the v3 APIs to make each endpoint and call more efficient and modular.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you'd like to share feedback on this matter, I recommend commenting on and upvoting feature requests like this.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE

Hi, @Vitaly_Gubkin.

Associations must be retrieved separately with either the v3 or v1 CRM Associations API.

While some of the v1 CRM APIs (e.g. the v1 Deals API) returned an associations object, the team decided to remove those with the v3 APIs to make each endpoint and call more efficient and modular.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you'd like to share feedback on this matter, I recommend commenting on and upvoting feature requests like this.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
seankeish

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE

Hi could this be done with hubspot starter ?

0 Upvotes
PowerMyAnalytic
Top Contributor

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

I found out that you have a better solution also in V3 API:

When we use the crm/v3/objects/deals endpoint we can just add query parameter of &associations=contacts to get this info (Please see https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Get-associations-with-deals-from-crm-objects-deal...).

Please enable it with the crm/v3/objects/deals/search endpoint too.

It will be very helpful!

0 Upvotes
PowerMyAnalytic
Top Contributor

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE

@IsaacTakushi jumping

0 Upvotes
dcabrera

Deals associated Contact

SOLVE

Hi , i can't find any subscription type on deals or contacts , to update contact related to deals , is there a workaround to manage this ? , actually i do this by tracking changes on deal properties to update contacts but i believe there is a better way to do that.

0 Upvotes