APIs & Integrations

alex_tse

Deal state is missing in once fetching Deal by API from Zapier

Hello guys!

Found weird thing, that once you are loading Deal - it does not have any information about the state in which it is located at the moment. So there is no way to create conditional functionality for exact deal's step.

For example, if I want the deal to be moved to the "Email Sent" stage. But I only want to do that for the first time, when the deal is in "Lead In". By not having a conditional solution, depends on the deal's stage - the deal will always be moved to "Email sent".

Can you please comment on possibility to get such functionality?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Deal state is missing in once fetching Deal by API from Zapier

Hi @alex_tse , while I can have this feedback passed along internally, the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum is the best place to share feature requests. Our product managers regularly review top voted/commented ideas and try to prioritize ideas which have the most engagement from and greatest potential impact on users.

I recommend including as much detail as possible per these best practices. The more the product teams understand a feature's use case, the more accurate they will be when scoping the feature.

It seems reasonable to do some sort of conditional logic with dealstage updates, so it could be a useful tool. Have you tried accomplishing your goal with Deal Based Workflows? 

0 Upvotes