APIs & Integrations

Atilla
Participant

Deal phases and email automation

I team. I am looking for a way to send my customers an email whose deal phase has changed. For example, Lars' deal status changes from qualified to bought. Now he should receive a welcome email. We work with Mailchimp. As I have read I cannot set a direct trigger from Hubspot to Mailchimp. So I tried Zapier. The problem is that I can trigger the deal in the Zap. But not the email address of the contact. Because this is not picked out by Zapier. Do you have any ideas how I could solve this problem? I would be very happy about your help.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Deal phases and email automation

Hey @Atilla,

Just to clarify, when a HubSpot deal stage changed, you'd like to send automated email via Mailchimp?

If so, while it seems that it is not possible to retrieve the contact email address via Zapier. I do have some other suggestion:

1. This is slightly more technical and you'll probably need a dev team to implement this solution: Utilizing HubSpot's Webhooks API and subscribe to the deal.propertyChange event > if the deal stage changed from qualified to bought > Send a mailchimp API (if they support) to trigger the marketing email.

2. Explore the option of using HubSpot workflow: Get started with workflows and this would require your team to have the marketing/service/sales hub professional/enterprise subscription. 

0 Upvotes