APIs & Integrations

Torhvas

Deal Owner can't be set on Zapier integration

SOLVE

My integration "HubSpot CRM (Legacy) (1.4.0)" allowed me to set hubspot owner via Zapier on a deal. Since the "HubSpot CRM" is now replaced with "HubSpot" this option is not available anymore.

This effectively means that I can't create or update a deal with owner information using Zapier. Is this a new planned limitation in your zapier integraiton?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @matheusoliveira,

Just an update here! You should now be able to associate a company or a contact on the `Create Deal in HubSpot` event on Zapier. Let me know if you're seeing otherwise.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Torhvas and @matheusoliveira,

You should now be able to set Deal owner in the `HubSpot` app on Zapier. Please do give it a check and see if it's available on your end. 

0 Upvotes
matheusoliveira
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, now it's working. Thank you!

But now I found another problem: when I created a deal in the old integration, I could associate a company or a contact. Now, I can set the deal owner (as you solved), but can't associate contact/company. Can you check it please?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @matheusoliveira,

Great observation! I'm seeing the same on my end and I'll be checking in with our team. Keep you posted here.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @matheusoliveira,

Just an update here! You should now be able to associate a company or a contact on the `Create Deal in HubSpot` event on Zapier. Let me know if you're seeing otherwise.

0 Upvotes
josipmarkus
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @WendyGoh, I see your message from earlier this year stating that we're able to associate a Hubspot Contact when we select the "Create Deal in HubSpot" event in Zapier, but I don't see this as an option right now. Can you please confirm that you still see this on your end, and if so, why I'm not seeing it?

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @josipmarkus,

I was able to confirm this with the team:

The latest versions of the Zapier <-> HubSpot integration doesn't not support associations while deal creation.

For such purpose we recommend using separate step:

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 2.59.10 PM.png

0 Upvotes
josipmarkus
Contributor

SOLVE

@WendyGoh It seems odd to remove such a basic requirement and to as a result necessitate increased complexity, inconveniency Hubspot, Acuity Scheduling, Zapier clients all at the same time. It also requires me to create an additional zap, using one of the 5 zaps I get under the free plan. Could you please make a request to Zapier to restore the functionality?

In the meantime, using the alternative approach you shared using Create Associations, I have several questions (again, unnecessary complexity):

1. Do I use the same trigger event as with the Zap that creates the deal?

2. How do make sure this second zap is triggered after the new deal is created, not before?

3. How do I specify in the second zap the correct deal—the one I just created?

I appreciate you.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @josipmarkus,

Thanks for pointing that out! 

It seems that something might have change and I'll have to check in with my internal team. I'll keep you posted here! 

0 Upvotes
matheusoliveira
Participant

SOLVE

Nice, thanks a lot!!

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Torhvas,

I'm unable to set 'Deal owner' property (despite setting it as a required field when creating deal in HubSpot) when using 'HubSpot' in Zapier. 

In this case, as the integration is build by Zapier, we'll have to check in with them. On my end, I have submitted a ticket with Zapier to look into this. It is probably most effective if you reach out to them as well. That said, I'll keep you posted here if I hear back from them. 

0 Upvotes
Torhvas

SOLVE
Hi Again,

I had this answer back from Zapier, please note that they say that: The new version of Hubspot does not offer that field for editing, unfortunately. We do have a feature request with their developers to bring it back!

This does not match with your comment: "In this case, as the integration is build by Zapier, we'll have to check in with them."

Looks like both sides are blaming the other side and that kind of leave me at a dead end.

Zapier said that have a request with your guys to make the field available again? can you check the status of this?

Please note that this field controls the asignment of a deal and must be fundamental for anyone who wants to connect and control hubspot deals with Zapier.

I would truely hate to go through the hassle of changing to Sales force but if I cant automate the process of changing deal owners via zapier I am out of options.

Kindly

Tor

Their full answer:

Hey Tor,

Thanks for writing in, happy to help you with this question.

The new version of Hubspot does not offer that field for editing, unfortunately. We do have a feature request with their developers to bring it back!

I have added your email to the list of customers interested in having this. That does a few things:

- Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
- Help track interest in this feature being implemented
- Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will definitely let you know once there's more info!

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Torhvas,

Sincere apologize for the miscommunication here.  I'd like to update you that I've got a response from Zapier that this is something within our control as such I'll be checking in with our internal team and I'll keep you posted of any updates here. 

0 Upvotes
matheusoliveira
Participant

SOLVE

Hi! Any new on this topic? The integration is really important for me too.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @matheusoliveira,

I'd like to let you know that our team is still working on this and I'll keep everyone posted here.

0 Upvotes